Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity. It combines the features of two legacy Sysinternals utilities, Filemon and Regmon, and adds an extensive list of enhancements including rich and non-destructive filtering, comprehensive event properties such session IDs and user names, reliable process information, full thread stacks with integrated symbol support for each operation, simultaneous logging to a file, and much more. Its uniquely powerful features will make Process Monitor a core utility in your system troubleshooting and malware hunting toolkit.
Process Monitor includes powerful monitoring and filtering capabilities, including:
License: Freeware* More data captured for operation input and output parameters
* Non-destructive filters allow you to set filters without losing data
* Capture of thread stacks for each operation make it possible in many cases to identify the root cause of an operation
* Reliable capture of process details, including image path, command line, user and session ID
* Configurable and moveable columns for any event property
* Filters can be set for any data field, including fields not configured as columns
* Advanced logging architecture scales to tens of millions of captured events and gigabytes of log data
* Process tree tool shows relationship of all processes referenced in a trace
* Native log format preserves all data for loading in a different Process Monitor instance
* Process tooltip for easy viewing of process image information
* Detail tooltip allows convenient access to formatted data that doesn't fit in the column
* Cancellable search
* Boot time logging of all operations
Size: 1.26 zip
* Client: Windows XP SP2 and higher.
* Server: Windows Server 2003 SP1 and higher.
Microsoft Process Monitor 2.93
Last edited by solin; 09-30-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Thanks solin for update
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x86 + KIS 2011 (184.108.40.2066 b.a.c.d) + Sandboxie Paid (3.54) + Deep Freeze Standard (7.20.020.3398)
Thank you Solin for your continuous updates and keeping us all informed
Good job another alternative. Goinn to check this .
I don't need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it.