Calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
* Library Management
* E-book conversion
* Syncing to e-book reader devices
* Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
* Comprehensive e-book viewer
* Content server for online access to your book collection
* Fixes a bug in 0.7.58 that caused too small fonts when converting to MOBI for the Kindle. Apologies.
* Apple driver: Handle invalid EPUBs that do not contain an OPF fileSOS:New news sources
* The Big Picture and Auto industry news by welovelucy
* Gazeta Prawna by Vroo
* Various Czech news sources by Tomas Latal
* Diario de Ibiza by Joan Tur
* Windows XP/ Vista/ 7 = size: 39.73 mb
* OS X Leopard or Higher
If you are updating from a version of calibre older than 0.6.17 first uninstall calibre, then delete the C:\Program Files\calibre folder (the location may be different if you previously installed calibre elsewhere) and only then install the new version of calibre.
You can sometimes improve the readability of fonts in the calibre e-book viewer by using the Microsoft ClearType Tuner. If you feel the fonts are blurry, try using this tool.
Thank you Solin this is a program i was looking for, i will be giving this one a try out
Just to add there is an video tutorial that you can look at when the installer is finished, nice touch by the author.
Last edited by JayCub; 05-02-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Thanks Jaycub for the info..
Thanks for the info mates . Will check it later .
I don't need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it.