VIPRE Antivirus Premium 4.0.3904 released
Supported OSThe VIPRE Antivirus Premium application will combine antivirus, antispyware, and firewall into a seamless, tightly-integrated security product. Utilizing next-generation technology, VIPRE provides high-performance software that doesn't slow down your PC and is low on system resources, without the performance and resource headaches of traditional antivirus products.
VIPRE (Virus Intrusion Protection Remediation Engine) is uniquely designed to reduce computer frustration with its low system resource usage, faster boot times, few popups, and a broad-range of detection and remediation of viruses, trojans, worms, and spyware.
Windows 2K / XP / 2003 / Vista / XP X64 / 2008 / Vista64 / 7 / 7 x64
Filesize: 13.6 MB
shareware: 30 days trial (click here to register your free 30 days fully working trial)
No changelog available, sorry# PLEASE NOTE:
# Before installing VIPRE Antivirus Premium please uninstall any other antivirus and/or firewall software you may have installed. It is impossible to run more than one antivirus and firewall on a computer.
# VIPRE will automatically disable the Windows Firewall that is included in Windows.
# (*)Some restrictions apply, abuse of the unlimited home license key may result in use of that key being restricted.
Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum
Changelog from Wilders
• The default definitions update time has been modified to be 1 hour for consumer.
• Modified the definitions updates process to download all available incrementals and
apply them as one package.
• Internet Connection Sharing mode added.
• Enhanced the ports rules tab to show different fields for the simple port rules versus the
• Improved firewall event logging.
• Prevented users from deleting the default Web filter application exceptions.
• Logic was added to the Threat Engine and root kit driver to support 64-bit rootkit engine
registry scanning. This improves our ability to detect malware traces in the 64-bit specific
• Logic was added to the Threat Engine to support rootkit engine MBR cleaning.
• The Active Protection logic was enhanced to not quarantine infected files that could be
• A small memory leak in the tray was fixed.
• Improved upgrade notices when logged on as a limited user.
• The Scan tab now stays yellow after a scan only if further action is required by the user.
• Printers and monitors that have USB ports on them are now only scanned when
media/devices are inserted in them.
• USB scans now only scan the USB drive (on occasion, the entire C drive would get
• A fix in the HIPS driver to eliminate BSODs if any driver hooks ZwLoaddriver or
ZwMapViewOfSection after HIPs. This was happening with the Zemana AntiLogger
• The HIPS driver was fixed to handle hardware with the TPM chip on it. No more BSODs
with Embassy Trust Suites.
• The way AP processed archives was incorrectly changed in 4.0 causing AP to not catch
malware in archives. This logic was fixed to properly scan inside of archives.
• The firewall advertising stats were not showing how many ads were blocked. They have
• The capability to add Web filter exclusions by application (process) was added to VIPRE
• A new pop up screen was added to allow users to add exceptions (web sites) to override
known bad URLs. The firewall was modified to use these new values to override the bad
• Added the ability to include inbound and outbound email AV footers. Check boxes were
added to the consumer UI to allow the user to enable/disable these.
• Fixed a bug where AP did not detect infected files that were larger than 4k.
• Fix to allow MalwareBytes to update with advertisement blocking enabled.
• Boot time protection not working properly. Fixed in update 1.
• Rootkit scanning occasionally causing BSOD. Fixed.
There have been a lot of useful changes. I may use it again..
Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.
Thank you sujay
Your resources are impressive
Lol.. thank you leo..
It is very good security software. Generic detections are good too. I have used it for two months in VM and never found a single FP. VP100 RAP score is also good.
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x86 + KIS 2011 (126.96.36.1996 b.a.c.d) + Sandboxie Paid (3.54) + Deep Freeze Standard (7.20.020.3398)
I just installed it for my son,he say's it runs well for him
Thanks for the update leo.
I don't need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it.
Thanks, Leo. I got a free copy when they first started up on Twitter. Gave it to a friend. Maybe that was a mistake?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Einstein
I've never tried Vipre before and don't intend to till some other time...
They call me the mysterious one...
my motto is...when it's hot, chill baby