Comodo Internet Security version 6

Discussion in 'Security and Viruses' started by Funkysourav, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Funkysourav

Funkysourav Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Comodo Internet Security 6 final release
    CIS 6 is the fastest and the least resource intensive product we have released so far. Real-time responsiveness of the PCs improved significantly. Manual scans are now less resource intensive. Second scan speed improvements are dramatic.

Completely redesigned touch friendly and task oriented user interface
    The new user interface is designed from scratch to make CIS as user friendly as possible. While we kept a lot of advanced settings for the advanced users, novice users will find it very easy to use now.
    NEW! COMODO Cleaning Essentials and Killswitch are now parts of CIS
    IMPROVED! Dramatically improved sandbox and virtualization
    Virtualization has been improved significantly so that more applications are now able to run inside sandbox.
    New sandbox allowed us to implement a whole new desktop with its own application ecosystem: Virtual Kiosk.
    We have also introduced automatic virtualization of unknown applications for advanced users.

Today was release Comodo Internet Security 6 (2013) final version and you can downloaded from link bellow
    Download from here:

Comodo Internet Security
    http://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe

Personal Note
    1)It will be interesting to see if all the known bugs have been squashed
    2)Official release is tomorrow
    3)I like the Virtual Kiosk, but its a bit buggy right now
  2. Guest Ads

Google King of the Internet

3. pirej

pirej Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice, thank you Fanky..
  4. kaljukass

kaljukass Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 5 / -4
    [​IMG]
    Data from: 19-Dec-2012 06:28 GMT
    HTML:
    Changelog: 
    http://download-cn.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/beta_updates/release/inis_2000/release_notes.html

http://download-cn.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cispremium_installer_x86.exe
    http://download-cn.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cispremium_installer_x64.exe

Firewall only:

http://download-cn.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cfw_installer_x86.exe
    http://download-cn.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cfw_installer_x64.exe

[HR][/HR] NB When installing you must be an admin rights (W7 and W8), recommended for addition to the "Right click" and "Run as Administrator", otherwise there may be a mistake installing.
  5. Funkysourav

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Comodo guys are innovative as always, but its the kitchen sink approach that gets to my nerves as it confuses me with so many features
    I have been a loyal user of Comodo for the last 3 years due to their simple interface, great quality, system lightness and active forums
    but that seems to have changed with the new Comodo Firewall/IS version 6

Although the introduction of Virtual Kiosk and other new features like Killswitch are things to be excited about, its quite evident that they are not quite rough around the edges.
    Virtual Kiosk doesn't start, it just freezes with the screen "Virtual Kiosk is loading", you can't kill the process sometimes.
    Killswitch Takes up too much RAM than it should.
    The Overall suite is very fast and peppy when it comes to browsing the interface, but the total RAM usage of my PC has Skyrocketed by almost 450MB more than what it took when v5.12 was installed
    The interface is not intuitive(subjective opinion)
    Google Chrome now Hangs more often than not

Personal Opinion
    They should've kept it Beta and not rushed it to meet the "Year 2013" demands,
    Please Comodo please listen to your longtime fans.
  6. softwareFREEk

softwareFREEk Regular Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Comodo forums report that if you have installed any of the betas on your PC it is possible that if remnants of these were not uninstalled correctly then it could cause issues installing this newest version.
  7. Funkysourav

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didn't install any beta
    just uninstalled the Comodo FW v5.12 by Revo Uninstaller Pro
    and then installed the Comodo FW v6
  8. softwareFREEk

softwareFREEk Regular Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

REVO PRO now your talking!! that will certainly clear all traces after software built in uninstaller has
    done its dismal best :)
  9. idaho

idaho Active Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Comodo has done an excellent job on version 6. Very light on system resources, fast scans, updates working as should be, nice inteface, sandbox...well...my first feelings are...this is one of TOP security Suites...but, COMODO is for FREE!
  10. jj1two3

jj1two3 Experienced Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have also used Comodo for years, I was planning on installing the new version this week-end. :)