Desktop Wallpaper changer - Windows 7 Feature in XP & Vista

Discussion in 'General Computer Chat' started by bonishah88, Nov 2, 2009.

1. bonishah88

bonishah88 Notable Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ' Desktop Background Slideshow ' is a feature present in Windows 7 which allows you to set more than one wallpaper for your Desktop where the selected wallpapers change after a fixed period of time.

Now wouldn't we like that Feature when we have a number of wallpapers that we like but cant keep on manually changing it again & again.

If you want a similar feature for Windows XP or Vista, here is something interesting for you!

' Powertoys_wallpaper changer ' is an official microsoft product released as a part of 'Winter Fun Packs 2003'.It allows you to set any desired folder for Desktop background SlideShow for a time limit ranging from 15 minutes-1 week.
    Worth installing if you are bored of the same old desktop and don't want to manually change it again & again.

Downloadpowertoys_wpchanger.exe(183 Kb) ( The actual Program)

DownloadWinterPhotoPack( The crap released along with it :D )

Funny it isn't so well-Known. It's a worth installing program. Microsoft does do something right sometimes.;)

found this on worldstart
  2. Guest Ads

Google King of the Internet

3. safeguy

safeguy Distinguished Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There are lots of tools like this, both freeware and payware...just take note some people argue that this isn't Windows 7 feature but Mac feature...they say Microsoft 'copied' the idea from Apple...it's a heated argument at some forums but to me, copying is a form of compliment:p
  4. bonishah88

bonishah88 Notable Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey safeguy,

Well Said...copying is a form of compliment.

Yes,There are lots of tools like this, both freeware and payware but why go for something built by someone else when microsoft itself provides it, Free of cost..That's a rare thing,i tell you ;)

It might be a Mac feature (I did not know that!) but you have to agree that most people came to know about it only after Windows 7 (& thats what i was referring to)

Anyways, did you try it ??