Stand-alone installer for Ghostery?

Discussion in 'Computer Software' started by curlysue, Aug 3, 2011.

1. curlysue

curlysue Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

quick and easy question here.

i've been trying out Ghostery the past week and i kinda like it. is there a stand-alone installer for this Ghostery so i can install it on a friends pc or mine whenever i re-installed the browser?

i have downloaded the FF/Opera version here with me through softpedia. but for the chrome browsers i can't do using FF and Opera.

is there someway i can back-it-up and save it for later installation?

or, perhaps a safe download link where i can get the stand-alone installer(if there is one).

:p
  2. Guest Ads

Google King of the Internet

3. Raymond

Raymond Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -1
    From what I see, Ghostery comes in extensions/add-ons/plugins.
    You can download the extension, save it in your computer or USB flash drive.
    Whenever you want to install it, simply drag it to the browser.

For example in Firefox.
    Download this file using Internet Explorer: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/addons/9609/ghostery-2.5.3-fx+sm.xpi
    Save it. To install in Firefox, simply drag the file to Firefox which will install without downloading.
  4. curlysue

curlysue Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1
    oh hi raymond dear,

i did get that particular installer for Firefox! yeah it went well. but the proble i am having is with Google Chrome and SRWare Iron...i checked in the extensions folder of each but it was empty. when i download it, it want's to install and i don't know how can i save it in my system...:confused:

can yo show me how dear...?

:p