2 Network Cards

Discussion in 'Network and Internet' started by hijack1961, Nov 9, 2015.

1. hijack1961

hijack1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there, nice to be here. I hope somebody can help me. her's the situation:
    one PC, one intern network card on motherboard, one extra nexxt sirius 1000 network card.
    2 DSL landlines from Claro, D.R., each 3/1 mbps down/up with 2 lan cables connected to each outlet of the adapters.
    I found forcebindip and installed it, but it does not seem to work. I am pretty sure, that it has to do with my windows 10 configuration. I googled and did not find anything about the windows configuration.
    I gave this computer a own ip adress:
    adapter 1 = 192.168.1.101 Mask: 255.255.255.0, default gateway 192.168.1.1
    adapter 2 = 192.168.1.101 Mask: 255.255.255.0, default gateway 192.168.1.2
    What I did wrong?
    I need one mb minimum upload speed for each of 2 sites, so i want to open for example, one site with chrome with one adapter and the other site with firefox (or whatever) with the second adapter. I do not have much experience, so if somebody could give me a step by step dummy info, would be really nice. Thank you in advance.

2. Raymond

Raymond Administrator

Ratings:
    +107 / 1 / -1
    For newer Windows operating system such as 10, it is preferable to bind the IP address instead of GUID.

Since you have 2 network adapters with the same IP address, you should set them to be different because ForceBindIP would be confused which adapter to bind when you bind it with an IP address.

You can try configuring, for example, adapter 1 with IP 192.168.1.101 with gateway 192.168.1.1
    Then for adapter 2, set the IP as 192.168.1.102 with gateway 192.168.1.2

Since both are connected through LAN, the tricky part is figuring out which is the adapter that is used by default.
    You can easily find out by using the route command.
    https://www.raymond.cc/blog/choosing-which-connection-to-use-with-windows-routing-table-editor-gui/

3. hijack1961

hijack1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much Raymond. I did as you told, but it still not work. After open and run forcebindip on each browser, i checked on command prompt, everything looking just fine, adapter 1 and 2 each with their default gateway. But on open the browsers and whatismyip check, both show the same ip address from the adapter with 192.168.1.1 gateway. I assume, that on forcebindip running, i must fill the line :"enter your ip address you want to use" with the default gateways for each browser, is that right?.
    I saved the bind, and try to bind from list, each browser opens perfect.
    Another thing, i do not understand is, you spoke about a "tricky part" about figuring out the default adapter. Why is this necessary to know for me? I use this computer only for this one reason, to open 2 websites, each on one different Internet. So, this configuration does not tell Windows use this for connection A and that for connection B?
    I beg pardon for sure dummy talking technical stuff, lol, but i learn fast. Can you help again please, i have to make this running.
    Thank you

4. hijack1961

hijack1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i got near with your post about the 3 ways to work with forcebindip. The first 2 options did not work, but with the 3rd one i could make it run, but the problem is, it works only for one tab on each browser, refreshing (which i have to do more times) does not stay with the assigned adapter. Is there any configuration i can do, where i can assign one specific website ip to one adapter? thank you