ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Express Edition

Discussion in 'Freebies, Giveaways and Deals' started by Willem, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dilata

dilata New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    works just fine
  2. Guest Ads

Google King of the Internet

3. kunkel321

kunkel321 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just notes: I had been trying (on XP) with Chrome, and the "Enter Coupon" field never showed up. But then I tried with IE and it worked. Another person suggested that deleting your cookies might help. (Maybe the cookie thing is why IE worked (?)) It took three days for the code to arrive in my email. The actual software was a *PAIN* to install. At work, my My Documents folder is on a server. I kept getting an "Invalid character in the My Pictures folder" error that prevented the installation. I googled the error and found this http://windowsxp.mvps.org/folderredirector.htm which let me change my My Documents to to a local path on my C Drive. Unfortunately THAT didn't work either! The next thing I tried was just unplugging my machine. This did seem to work. Yesterday I entered the code and all was well. Today though, I'm having problems again... When I try to start the Reader it says
    "ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Express Edition will be terminated:
    ABBYY Licensing Service is unavailable: The RPC server is unavailable." Argh!!!
    I was able to use it on a couple of items yesterday, and it does seem to work well ... when it's working. That's all -steve
  4. noaccount

noaccount Prominent Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @kunkel321

Have u tried reinstallation? If that doesn't help try contacting support, that's not standard behaviour. At all.
  5. billy13

billy13 Experienced Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Uninstall it and install it again. It works for me on Windows 7 RTM 7600 32bit,just fine ....!!! A great program...:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.