Avast Internet Security for free

Discussion in 'Freebies, Giveaways and Deals' started by LunarWolf, Jul 17, 2011.

1. LunarWolf

LunarWolf Prominent Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Avast is giving out free license for their internet security. How to get the free key? Follow the following steps:

1. Go here.
    2. You will see a page with the following :
    3. Click on Absenden (Absenden = send)
    4. Then you will receive the following " Vielen Dank. Sie erhalten in K├╝rze eine E-Mail mit dem Code." (Thank you. You will receive an email with the code.)
    5. Check your email.
    6. You will see a link next to "Registrierungsdatei: " in your email. Download that. That is your license key.
    7. Download avast! Internet Security from here.
    8. Enjoy your license.

NOTE : I didn't try out this giveaway as I am satisfied with avast free. :p That is why I don't know how is the license valid. But I did follow all the steps and receive my license key.

2. solin

solin Notable Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Lunar.. Good, if the license activation program can be used anytime. And that could someday be used as a backup is needed.

3. kash

kash Regular Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much !
    valid until 18/4/2012

4. Max Payne

Max Payne New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Followed the steps and received the license key all fine. I have already got Avast anit-virus free installed. When I opened the license key it automatically updated my Avast anti-virus free to the Avast Internet Security and asked me to restart. When I restarted I had Avast Internet Security installed, is this the way it is suppossed to work?.

I only ask as in the instructions from lunarwolf it states to "7. Download avast! Internet Security from here."

Thanks all.

5. JayCub

JayCub Prominent Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the share LunarWolf i have the key, and Kash for the update...

6. solin

solin Notable Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Max Payne, If previous use of the free, after activation license and can be automatically upgraded to the pro version. So no longer need to download Avast Internet Security.

7. Bearcat

Bearcat Prominent Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you LunarWolf. I got my license and am going to give Avast Internet Security a try. I have also been using the free version for quite sometime now, so I will be interested to see the difference between them.

8. sujay

sujay Prominent Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -0
    Thanks a lot. I have missed previous giveaways of Avast IS. Will upgrade free AV this time...:)

9. Max Payne

Max Payne New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In subsrciption information it states:

Subscription valid till: 18/04/2012 ?

10. leofelix

leofelix Distinguished Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Correct, it is the European standard Day /Month / Year ( I do not remember if in U.K they use the same format)

Free Avast users would better to uninstall Avast free first, then to install Avast Internet Security and insert the key.

The site that is giving away Avast I.S is an authorized Avast german reseller as far as I know.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011