Best Antivirus Software And Apps 2018 - Question?

Discussion in 'Security and Viruses' started by luffy, Dec 27, 2017.

1. luffy

luffy Prominent Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  2. Hal9000

Hal9000 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,139 / 0 / -0
    A lot of comments on the article point out they are making money on the products they list as the best. They also tell you free antivirus is just as effective as paid antivirus, and then say you should buy the products for extras like a password manager. The whole thing smells a bit like a paid promotion to many. :shifty:

That's not to say what they have listed isn't very good protection wise, those 3 always finish top in the detection tests at testing labs, which they are basing their results on.

3. Aliza Alfred

Aliza Alfred New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The ads for Avast free antivirus software are most prevalent right after signing up or after re-registering each year. As time passes there are fewer and fewer ads. I re-registered in July and I'm seeing no more than two ads a week.

Avast is no doubt Light and very configurable.but due to free version I found few issues as well like On my XP computer, sometimes I have to disable Avast when downloading new programs. Since this problem started It's improved a little bit but problematic at times. For example, I've had to disable for every Flash Player download. Sometimes I just disable for 10 minutes when updating a bunch of programs. A friend, who wants out-of-sight out-of-mind security turned Avast off because of this.

4. xrobwx71

xrobwx71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As of Win10 version 1709, Windows Defender is now a robust full Anti Virus and anti malware product. Its every bit as good as the free versions and paid version plus its integrated into Windows itself.

5. Hal9000

Hal9000 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,139 / 0 / -0
    The problem with Defender is compared to other antivirus it is horrendously slow when performing file operations like copying. Testing labs also show that is the case. I did some of my own tests recently and was shocked at how bad it can be simply copying files from A to B.