Best E-Mail Client

Discussion in 'Computer Software' started by jocker, May 7, 2009.

1. MerleOne

MerleOne Active Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I like eM Client a lot but it is expensive. Postbox is nice and cheaper, less powerful though

2. alexyu

alexyu New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I'm unsure whether "e-mail client" means the 'e-mail server', or the program you use to read and manage e-mails... In my case, they're not the same: The 'server' is "Fastmail" (which is paid-only nowadays, but I'm a holdover from the time there was a one-time-only pay option) and the 'manager' is the e-mail module of SeaMonkey.

I guess I'm in the overwhelming minority in needing a manager which is, itself, 'manageable' (and, since Netscape/Mozilla e-mails have always been text-only, they're hard to beat on that aspect), especially in the 'search' part: Many's the time that I think "I've already said that in a message, some time ago", and being able to actually find that one needle in a haystack of decades of e-mail is a daunting one -- and Mozilla/SeaMonkey comes through, with flying colors, on that part!

3. alexyu

alexyu New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, but WHY do you think these are the "best e-mail clients" -- at least, for you, in comparison to the many others available? What are the features/services which make them so (and where arey they NOT "the best"? I think this sort of discussion is the whole point of this thread...

4. Ombra

Ombra New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I only use webmail like posteo.net, mailfence, amplimail, etc., but if I was going to go the mail client route, I'd look into:
    Mahogany 0.6.7.0
    Mulberry 4.0.8
    PegasusMail 4.70
    TrulyMail Standard 5.0.14
    yMail (www.spacejock.com/yMail.htm)