Dr.Web for Android 7.0

Discussion in 'Security and Viruses' started by Krumpelt, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Krumpelt

Krumpelt Experienced Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys ! :eek:

Dr.Web for Android version 7.0 has been released ! The new version incorporates several new features, such as Dr.Web Cloud Checker and the ability to send false positive reports to Doctor Web.

[​IMG]

Dr.Web Cloud Checker inspects linked content loaded in the Android browser. As the user goes to an URL, the link is automatically transferred to Doctor Web's cloud service which determines whether the target site is safe or part of a category of resources that are not recommended for visitation. If the address is found in the database of undesirable sites, access to the page is blocked. Users can specify topic categories to which they want to block access.

The anti-theft component incorporated into version 7.0 also enables them to specify a mail address to which an unlock code will be sent from the server, if necessary. In addition, it is now possible to simply disable this feature. In the new version, users can also send information about false detections and suspicious files to Doctor Web's anti-virus lab.

Dr.Web for Android 7.0 can be downloaded from the official Doctor Web site or Google Play. To update the already installed anti-virus, users who have downloaded the package from www.drweb.com need to reinstall Dr.Web for Android. If downloaded from Google Play, the anti-virus will be updated automatically, If you are upgrading from a previous version and you're using the anti-theft, you will need to reconfigure it.

Dr.Web for Android protects mobile devices operated by Android OS 1.5/1.6/2.0/2.1/2.2/2.3/3.0/3.1/3.2/4.0 from viruses, spam, objectionable content and theft .

http://download.drweb.com/android/

Google Play Dr.Web Light (free)

Google Play Dr.Web

Good luck and safety guys ! :cool:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  2. jj1two3

jj1two3 Experienced Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the information krumpelt. :)

3. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Removal Expert

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the information. This inspired me to test out this new version and I put my thoughts into a blog post. Dr.Web for Android 7.0

I also gave Krumpelt credit giving me the idea to test and blog about Dr.Web for Android.

Thanks. :devil:

4. Krumpelt

Krumpelt Experienced Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    A small addition...:eek:. Following the release of the new 7.0 version of Dr.Web for Android, changes were made to Dr.Web Mobile Security Suite licensing terms.

Now the Mobile Security Suite license can be purchased separately also. Until now, the right of free use of
    products to protect mobile devices were available to all users of commercial products DrWeb. This right of free use is still valid if you are buying the products:

Dr.Web Security Space
    Dr.Web Anti-Virus
    Dr.Web Desktop Security Suite
    Any Dr.Web boxed products

:confused: Oh...Thanks very much evilfantasy :blush000: ! I just posted the news from DrWeb for the guys...:)
    I read Your review. Very useful article. Good luck to You and to the readers of Your blog ! :cool:

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

A reminder, guys ! :rolleyes:
    If you have the forgotten license key from this freebie, then you can use now to protect your mobile device...:p