DVD Player That Can Display Two Internal Subtitles From A Dvd And Sync And Display An External Sub

Discussion in 'Computer Software' started by Mara_Skywalker, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Mara_Skywalker

Mara_Skywalker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I want to do this: I have a lot of store bought tv shows on DVD, that have good English subtitles for hard of hearing people, plus other languages, that I have until now used Power DVD to watch, because it can display 2 of a dvds own subtitles together, one on the top and one on the bottom. I use this to learn new foreign languages: Watching your favorite shows is fun, and learning a new language is fun too.

But since I learn a lot of different languages, it is hard to get the shows in all the languages I want to learn and also very expensive. (Sometimes I would have to buy the Scandinavian dvd box to watch Finish, the Hungarian box to watch Hungarian, the french box to watch French, because none of them have all of those, and none available in Germany seem to have Serbian subtitles) And some languages are simply not available at all on my favorite shows on dvd.

So: I do not want to break any copyright on those dvds by converting them to another format, I want a player, with which I can watch my dvd as it is, with one ore two of the subtitles that are on it and add another external subtitle in a more exotic language like Serbian or Arabic usw..

So what I need is a player, who can display 3 different subtitles in different colors, where the external subtitles is automatically synced (I am handicapped and I cannot sync a subtitle with software myself!) with the subtitles that are included in the dvd. Does something like that exist, or can one player be modified to be able to do it?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2018
  2. Hal9000

Hal9000 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 0 / -0