Frequent Internet Connections Drops

Discussion in 'Network and Internet' started by chandu, Mar 1, 2017.

1. chandu

chandu New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I have a D-link 2750U router i bought it almost 6 months ago.It was fine until about a month ago, when my internet onnection drops frequently and i have to restart the modem to get the internet working again.

things i tried

i tried resetting my modem and applying only the essential settings for a successful connection.i.e isp username and password.it works until my connection drops.

any tools to diagnose my problems.

i also rma'd my router still the problem exists but i tried another router which came from the isp and the connection works perfectly.

Thanks

2. chandu

chandu New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i even tried the same on different linux distros still the same problem.my current setup win7 x64 ultimate.

also my connection is directly connected to router without any splitter in between.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  3. INDRANIL

INDRANIL Distinguished Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 1 / -0
    Which ISP you are using ? Did you notify them about your problem which you are facing ?? Disconnect all Lan, turn on WIFI and connect Mobile device and start browsing etc and watch same problem persists or not.

4. chandu

chandu New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my current isp is BSNL.my problem persists only on wifi also,i'm trying to check the connection with another router.
    Thanks

5. Hal9000

Hal9000 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 0 / -0
    This sounds like a compatibility issue between your router and line, especially if the ISP supplied router works perfectly. There may have been some changes made locally on your line and the 3rd party router doesn't like it. Best to speak to your ISP about any recent changes/issues.

6. position

position Distinguished Member

Ratings:
    +526 / 0 / -0
    I think a few DLink routers have this issue with BSNL...... try to get your routers snr and attn values checked at your nearest BSNL center..... they will configure it accordingly...... they know about this issue

7. chandu

chandu New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my issue was solved after a checkup of the dsl line.

how do i mark it as solved?