How to start sound drivers in safe mode

Discussion in 'General Computer Chat' started by Lateralus, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lateralus

Lateralus Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been all over the net asking about being able to listen to your sound in safe mode and the consensus is that you can't because that is what safe mode is: only loading basic system drivers to fix, or clean, or analyze, or whatever. But there has got to be a way I would think. Can't you somehow load all the drivers essential for sound. I know it's not an .exe, but somebody has to be smart enough to come up with something and I'm guessing they have. How do you do it? LOL:D Your always coming up with cool stuff Raymond.
  2. Guest Ads

Google King of the Internet

3. Raymond

Raymond Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -1
    I honestly don't think that is possible.
  4. utkarsh30june

utkarsh30june Prominent Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When you boot into safe mode, Windows doesn't load the drivers for the sound devices. So, you can`t have sound in safe mode.
  5. Lateralus

Lateralus Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I know that, but I am asking why we can't load them. I would think that there should be DOS commands or something so that we can load a driver from a prompt. Or like when you choose your style of safe mode: Safe Mode, Safe mode with netwoking and Safe Mode with command prompt. They should make a "Safe Mode with sound". I would think that a Safe Mode with sound is a lot more safe than Safe Mode with networking.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  6. utkarsh30june

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Safe Mode--> Debugging and Safe Booting mode. This mode is handled by Windows, so, you cannot edit the Safe Mode command to run sound drivers.
  7. Lateralus

Lateralus Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, why won't they make a Safe Mode with sound? I am in safe mode because it will not load in normal mode because of a bad virus I could't fight; which is another thread currently on this site in Software. I have to be in safe mode to use my computer right now and I want to listen to music on my computer. Guess I should be complaining to Microsoft and not a bunch of nice tech guys! lol.
  8. utkarsh30june

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you are in safe mode, then you should ask for removing the virus and not continuing working in safemode. Remember, Safe mode is only a debugging mode which should not be used for daily purposes as many programs don't run in Safe Mode.

Ok, then, which virus is preventing Windows from normal StartUp? Use an antivirus in safe mode to clean the virus or use a bootable Antivirus disk for this from here

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/06/16/kaspersky-offers-free-rescue-disk-to-clean-virus-without-booting-in-windows/
    http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/06/28/free-avira-antivir-rescue-system-cd-to-clean-unremovable-virus/
    http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/07/26/free-f-secure-rescue-cd-300-to-clean-virus-from-unbootable-windows/
    http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/07/17/bitdefender-offers-free-rescue-cd-with-ability-to-auto-update-virus-definition/
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
  9. Lateralus

Lateralus Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have already killed the virus, but not before it did significant damage to my system. The virus is gone im very sure of that. I think the virus deleted neccesary Windows files. In the other thread I mentioned that I am a seasoned virus fighter. Local people here pay me to remove viruses and I always clean their system and they tell their friend and I clean their system and it just keeps getting more and more clientele. This virus is the worst I've ever seen (out of thousands) and I just didnt catch it before it did it's damage because I was focusing on something else at the time and because I went to sleep and my computer did it's automatic updates and so it had to restart and when it came back on it was more than likely activated by startup.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  10. utkarsh30june

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good that you've killed the virus. Now, follow these instructions--

Boot into safe mode.
    Open Command Prompt
    Put your Windows CD into your Drive
    Type-->sfc /scannow
    Make sure the CD is in your CD drive
    Windows will automatically replace all the missing System files with this method.
    Restart your PC in normal mode and it will be fine.
  11. Lateralus

Lateralus Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont have a cd. Windows came with my computer. I have deleted the partition with the recovery backup (don't ask me why, lol).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.