Question Regarding Disabling Skype Article.

Discussion in 'Network and Internet' started by joshuam, Jun 27, 2017.

1. joshuam

joshuam New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Somebody from this site posted this article about disabling skype at outlook.com a year ago.

When I use Google Chrome, I noticed that the status of available, invisible, away, etc, only temporarily shows, then suddenly the option to change it disappears, and i am forced into available mode. I use adblock plus (regular and development build), plus webmail ad blocker. i am not sure if one of those is doing this, or simply Google Chrome. Do you think it might be one of those? I use a version of Adblock plus in Microsoft Edge, but it does not interfere with the messenger availability. if i choose to be invisible, it stays invisible. I do not like to switch between browsers, and prefer to use Google Chrome.

2. Hal9000

Hal9000 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 0 / -0
    The obvious thing to try is disabling any script or ad blocking extensions in Chrome, then see what happens. For best troubleshooting disable all extensions. Then clear your cache and cookies. Alternatively, try a different or portable Chrome based browser and see what it does.

Have you used a method from that article for disabling Skype at Outlook?

3. joshuam

joshuam New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did try to go incognito first which did not make the invisible status work.
    i did put that in adblock plus after posting this, since currently there does not seem to be another solution. In Microsoft Edge, I can be Invisible, without permanently disabling it, but in Chrome, it is unknown whether I can just keep the status as invisible without blocking skype, so I did that.