Top 5 Useful Add-ons On Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Guides' started by ionut1715, Sep 9, 2013.

1. ionut1715

ionut1715 Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Our mission is to promote openness, innovation & opportunity on the Web. Mozilla is a proudly non-profit organization dedicated to keeping the power of the Web in people’s hands. We’re a global community of users, contributors and developers working to innovate on your behalf. When you use Firefox, or any Mozilla product, you become a part of that community, helping us build a brighter future for the Web.

Official Site

Top 5 Add-ons:
    1. Adblock Plus [​IMG]: Annoyed by adverts? Troubled by tracking? Bothered by banners? Install Adblock Plus now to regain control of the internet and change the way that you view the web.
    HERE to access download page.

2. DownThemAll! [​IMG]: DownThemAll is all you can desire from a download manager: it features an advanced accelerator that increases speed up to 4x and it allows you to pause and resume downloads at any time.

3. Greasemonkey [​IMG]: Customize the way a web page displays or behaves, by using small bits of JavaScript. Allows you to customize the way a web page displays or behaves, by using small bits of JavaScript.

4. NoScript Security Suite [​IMG]: The best security you can get in a web browser!
    Allow active content to run only from sites you trust, and protect yourself against XSS and Clickjacking attacks.

5. Tab Mix Plus [​IMG]: Tab Mix Plus enhances Firefox's tab browsing capabilities. It includes such features as duplicating tabs, controlling tab focus, tab clicking options, undo closed tabs and windows, plus much more. It also includes a full-featured session manager.

source

NOTE! Of these applications I use only Adblock Plus. Other applications I haven't tested yet

Enjoy
    ~ionut1715

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. saturn

saturn Experienced Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    I use Adblock plus and Noscript all the time.I've never tried the rest of these though.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Odie

Odie Experienced Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My setup is the same as saturn's. I did use DownThemAll at 1 time but prefer IDM (although it is not an add-on)

4. saturn

saturn Experienced Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    Does anyone else has a favorite add-on they would like to add to this?

5. super0zero

super0zero Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    nice recommendation,although Noscript seems a little bit annoying each time you visit a webpage

6. Raymond

Raymond Administrator

Ratings:
    +107 / 1 / -1
    I agree. I think noscript is a bit too much.
    I can't live without Lazarus and LastPass addon.

7. Grantwhy

Grantwhy Active Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but it's not going to much use for much longer.

Unfortunately it has been abandoned / not updated in a loooong time and hasn't worked from about Firefox 21 or so (but still works with the updated 17.x ESR releases, so for a little while longer I get to use it :D)

Load Tabs Progressively
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/load-tabs-progressively/

Q) What does it do?
    A) It allows me to set the number of Tabs to load at the same (concurrent) time AND to set the maximum number of Tab to load.

eg: I've got it set on my home (old single core, XP) computer to load 3 tabs at a time to a maximum of 9 loaded.

Q) Why?
    A) because I also use the Multi Links addon and if I select a lot of links to open in new tabs (20+ is not uncommon) it is nice to NOT have them all try to open at the same time. (y)

Then there is the bookmarks folder named "Web Comics". The last time I counted there were less than 200 bookmarks in there. Not that many less, but less ;).

Without Load Tabs Progressively, right clicking on that bookmark folder and "open all" is a dangerous thing :sick:. With Load Tabs Progressively it is not a problem for my computer to handle :cool:.

I've looked around for a replacement/alternative for this addon - but I can't find any :(

8. super0zero

super0zero Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    WOT-a security add-on-- evaluating and rating the website to help you stay away harmful or potentially harmful contents which may compromise your pc

9. position

position Distinguished Member

Ratings:
    +526 / 0 / -0
    well..... Greasemonkey.... everyone seems to recommend but i hardly ever saw anyone actually using it...... and eats a lot of ram thus slows down firefox.....

to the above list i would like to suggest addons for privacy
    1. MaskMe
    2. anonymoX
    (works like a charm if you want to open a site your internet provider or government has banned ;) )

Adblock Plus and NoScript are a mut have....... and you can disable and enable both if you want to in a second so not much of a irritation

10. boyzee

boyzee Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    If your a web developer then you probably already know about Firebug and is a must have to edit, debug, and monitor any live webpage - https://getfirebug.com/