Windows 10 Creators Update

Discussion in 'General Computer Chat' started by NOKNOT, Apr 24, 2017.

1. NOKNOT

NOKNOT Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering if any one has had any issues with Creators Update. I am leery of allowing their updates because so many times it seems to mess several of my programs up.

2. cleve

cleve Active Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I think better wait for 01 May release and see !

3. Hal9000

Hal9000 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,127 / 0 / -0
    I don't really use Windows 10 that much and don't have much on my install, but there were no major problems after I updated. It did reset a chunk of settings again, including privacy settings, so you will have to go through that's side of things and make sure everything is how you want it.

With Microsoft saying they are going to release these big updates every March and September, there's going to be a lot of borked and never working quite properly machines out there.

For me, the Creators Update main problem is it's still Windows 10...:D

4. Swift Flamingo

Swift Flamingo Regular Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As to what Hal said, yeah the settings get reset, which is a bummer, but since I have been on 10 I have not had any issues with anything that I use. But always safe to create a restore point and such when updating.

5. Hmaswers

Hmaswers New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Updating the program is not as easy as we think . at least for me , i updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 since i forgot the login password ,i didn't know how to bypass login Windows password , but after i completed it ,i'm disappointed ,because Windows 7 is more mature than Windows 10,

6. Hal9000

Hal9000 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,127 / 0 / -0
    Of course, Windows 7 should be more mature than Windows 10 because it's been around for an extra 6 years, enough time to iron out pretty much all its faults.

I still use 7 for that reason among others, it's stable and solid, Windows 10 for me is always throwing up little problems and these constant major updates make your Windows 10 install potentially less and less stable each time.

By the way, if you wanted to reset your Windows user password (not MS account password), you should have consulted our blog, it would have guided through the process...;)

7. sujay

sujay Prominent Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -0
    I like Windows 10 and its constant innovation, but for the same reason many of the applications which they tinker with do not work without glitches.
    In my case I was never able to install the major updates (Anniversary Update, Creators Update) smoothly in my system. The installations stuck every time and had to rolled back. Thus in both times I downloaded the ISO and installed it from boot.

8. Hmaswers

Hmaswers New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks , as you said , the Windows 7 is been around for an extra 6 years , there is enough capacity to solve all the problems,
    I like it more and more, and i have got a solution to reset my password on Windows 7,for Windows 7, these are minor issues (Y)

9. Hmaswers

Hmaswers New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks , as you said , the Windows 7 is been around for an extra 6 years , there is enough capacity to solve all the problems,
    I like it more and more, and i have got a solution to reset my password on Windows 7,for Windows 7, these are minor issues ....(Y)