Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Computer Software' started by SIMON DODGSON, May 14, 2018.

1. SIMON DODGSON

SIMON DODGSON New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi All

Just new to the bulletin board and found some usefully information, I am still running windows 7 as I just can not get used to windows 10, but my question is I am trying to find a ISO copy of Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit with I think SP2 could any one here point me in the right direction I found that artical on how to download windows 7 and 8 and 10 direct from Microsoft but would really like to run Windows Vista Ultimate for a little while as I thought it was a reasonable good OS at it time

thanks Simon

2. Hal9000

Hal9000 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,141 / 0 / -0
    The only way you are likely to get an ISO these days is probably from somewhere like a torrent site, even our old method of downloading the official files and creating an ISO manually doesn't seem to work anymore. Obviously, an ISO from a third party source comes with its own risks.

Don't forget, Vista is out of support and doesn't receive any updates, security or otherwise. To most people, Windows 7 is Vista done right and they are very similar for the most part. As you already run 7 it seems like a lot of time and effort for nothing really, but, it's your choice if that's what you decide to do... :)

3. ha14

ha14 Experienced Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
  4. DonHuan

DonHuan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Someone is still using it?