Xmarks Or Other Program To Sync Bookmarks / Favorites

Discussion in 'Computer Software' started by LloydEwing, Dec 16, 2016.

1. LloydEwing

LloydEwing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I probably have thousands of internet bookmarks/favorites and I need a way to synchronize them between the various browsers and systems.

I installed the Xmarks add-on in Firefox, but then I read the reviews on the add-on page and quickly uninstalled it. There are quite a few recent reviews claiming that Xmarks causes terrible problems by corrupting the bookmarks/favorites.

There is a review of Xmarks from Raymond a few years ago
    https://www.raymond.cc/blog/sync-your-bookmarks-across-browsers-systems/
    Does anyone here have recent experience with Xmarks or any of the other programs to synchronize bookmarks between browsers? Do you think all of those complaints against Xmarks could just be user errors?

Thanks for any advice!
    Lloyd

2. LloydEwing

LloydEwing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since there are no replies, I wonder if anyone here is using programs that synchronize bookmarks. I am still looking for answers to these questions.

I see that the Xmarks review on Raymond.cc was updated recently, although I cannot tell what has been changed. I wonder if the update means that Raymond is using Xmarks, and if so could he comment on whether he has seen the problems that are described in the recent reviews for the Xmarks plugin on Firefox?

3. Hal9000

Hal9000 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 0 / -0
    Hi LloydEwing, the post you refer to was written in 2012 and has not been updated since. A few issues on the site meant a load of posts had their last update time altered.

I wrote the original article but have never used Xmarks apart from when it was looked at and tested for the article in question. So anything that has gone on since 2012 won't be reflected in the article.