YUMI Multiboot Usb To ISO File?

Discussion in 'General Computer Chat' started by jason7619, Mar 13, 2018.

1. jason7619

jason7619 Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    YUMI multiboot usb to ISO file?

I have been using a YUMI made multiboot USB for about 3 years now and as I was tinkering in my VirtualBox it hit me, can I make an ISO from that YUMI multiboot USB? I made an ISO from it via PowerISO but it would not boot. I usually do this with ImageBurn but the etfsboot.com that I use isn't seen in the YUMI multiboot USB contents...

Any ideas guys?

Thanks a lot!

2. roccor777

roccor777 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, you should try REbooter... I am not sure about the name now, because they changed it.

3. jason7619

jason7619 Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Is this the one?
    https://www.passmark.com/products/rebooter.htm

Can't seem to find a solution to my dilemma....I can make an image of the multiboot usb but the size is too much :(

4. Hal9000

Hal9000 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 0 / -0
    It's quite ironic that there's millions of articles on the web for ISO > USB but very few to reliably go USB > ISO. This guy did attempt the same thing a few years ago:

https://raywoodcockslatest.wordpress.com/2014/11/28/yumi-dvd/

The etfsboot won't help because the YUMI bootloader is SysLinux based. It would probably mean manually converting the loader over to ISOLinux or something, if that's even possible. I'm no expert in Linux boot loaders so am not 100% sure, but that's how I understand it.

5. jason7619

jason7619 Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yeah ironic indeed...I too cannot find any in the net...thus I tried to ask here..your link seems to be like what I underwent. I gave up already but who knows some geek might find that answer and post it. :)

Thanks Hal!